If you workout at a gym, then you need a gym lock that is convenient to carry and is really secure.
After all, you do need a place to store your valuables. And you certainly want them to be secure at the same time you want your gym lock to be handy and portable. These are the two key factors for any gym lock and can be difficult to find.
But you don’t have to worry as we got you covered. In our guide, you will provide you with some of the best gym locks with reviews and complete buyers guide. So, that you can make the best choice for the gym lock that suits you!
What are the main qualities of best gym lock?
- After a tiring workout session, the last thing you want is to leave your gym without your tablet, laptop computer, driving license, and credit cards. And needless to say, in your tracksuit! You certainly will not want to lose your valuables just because you were not smart with your choice of gym padlock and it got picked. So, the best gym lock must be secure.
- Also, as the saying goes time is money. You will not want to waste any time after your workout trying to fix a jammed lock. That too after sweating in the gym. So, the best padlock for gym has a good working mechanism.
- Thirdly, you will need a lock that is easy to carry so that it does not add any extra weight along with your items that are already heave. Thus, the best gym lock is portable and easy to carry.
Now that you have an idea why you need to make the best choice when it comes to gym locks, lets talk about different types of gym locks available in the market.
- There is no doubt, Padlocks are the best gym locks as they can easily provide all the qualities that are mentioned above.
- The best combination disc locks are most popular among these. As you don’t have to carry the keys along. In this guide, you’ll find some of the most secure combination locks that will keep your valuables safe.
- Fingerprint gym lock also provide a very good option. Even if they are more expensive they are more secure than the combination padlock.
Now, let’s straight dive into our reviews for the best padlocks for gym-
Top 10 Gym Lock Comparison Table
10 Best Gym Lock Reviews
Puroma 2 Pack Combination Lock Key Features
Master Lock 1535DWD Locker Lock Key Features
GIVERARE TSA Approved Gym Combination Lock Key Features
Padlock – 4 Digit Combination Lock for Gym Key Features
Master Lock 1505D Locker Lock Combination Padlock Key Features
ZHEGE Lock, 4 Digit Combination Padlock Outdoor, School Lock, Gym Lock Key Features
Locker Lock – 4 Digit Combination Lock Key Features
Beeannavot Fingerprint Lock Waterproof IP65 Fingerprint Padlock Key Features
TSA Approved Travel Luggage Locks, Open Alert Combination Lock Key Features
TACKLIFE 2 Pack Combination Lock 4 Digit Padlock Key Features
Best Gym Lock Complete Buyers Guide
You need to look for the for the following factors while buying the best gym lock. So, that all your attention is on working out rather than watching on your valuables. Here are few things to keep in mind-
Ease of operation
The best padlocks for gym lockers are the ones that are easier to use. They are easy to set and reset the codes, easy to open and close the shackle or cable with the numbers or alphabets in sync with the desired position.
The size of the lock normally determines the shackle diameter which inturn determines the security level. If it’s too large then the shackle or cable is unlikely to slip through because the gym lockers are medium in size.. Also if it’s too srmall, the easier may it be to cut or break by an intruder.
So, go for medium size locks as they best option for gym locks because they are neither too small or big.
Padlock materials varies from plastics to different metals and alloys. You chose the materials based on the individual traits of these materials like security, corrosion resistance, weather resistance, and cost. Go for the ones that do not break easily and are quite sturdy.
There are plenty of cool styles available in the markets with a variety of color options and designs. Go for the ones that suits your sense of style and class.
How do I reset my combination on my gym lock?
Different combination locks comes with different mechanisms to reset the combination. Most of them provide with an instruction manual. But the most common way is to
- Turn the combination dial to your current combination. The factory default for most combination locks is 0-0-0.
- Insert a small needle or combination reset tool (if it comes with the lock) into the small hole next to the combination dial.
- Press the unlock button and then set the combination dial to your new combination.
- Take your needle or combination reset tool out of the lock and lock it.
And you’re good to go.
The Final Verdict
The cost of even best gym lock in the markets will be clearly less than your valuables. Their safety cannot be compromised apart from the cost as well. Therefore, Its very important to do your research and invest in the best gym lock with top notch security.
We tried to accomodate the most budget friendly, user friendly gym locks prioritizing the security factor. I hope you got what you were looking for.
So, go buy the best gym pad lock and workout with a peace of mind that your belongings are going nowhere!